Pornstars & Pornographers on the Porn Industry
- John Stagliano, porn producer: "I was the first to shoot Rocco. Together we evolved toward rougher stuff. He started to spit on girls. A strong male-dominant thing, with women being pushed to their limit. It looks like violence but it's not. I mean, pleasure and pain are the same thing, right?"
- Julie Meadows, ex- porn star: "This industry is full of people that hate - literally HATE women."
- Vince Vouyer, porn producer: "The girls get torn up like usual."
- Khan Tusion, porn producer: "Degradation drives the business. … There are things going on right now that are way over the line."
- Brandon Iron, porn producer: "Where else but in porn can you see a guy who just met a girl that day crack her around, choke her out."
- Docter Sharon Mitchell, Adult Industry Medical (AIM): "Things are getting more and more demeaning towards women. It's degrading. It's very, very violent."
- "I sit there everyday and I sew up anal tears and anal prolapses and the physical conditions of what people are putting their bodies through is getting very, very far away from sexuality as we know it."
A look at Emiliano Granado’s photographs of the grueling Tough Mudder obstacle course: http://nyr.kr/1e1Ycyc
Read Lizzie Widdicombe’s piece on Tough Mudder, in this week’s issue: http://nyr.kr/1eN8Bvv
Above: Contestants help each other through the Mud Mile obstacle. Participants tend to do Tough Mudders in teams.